New Orleans Bachelor & Bachelorette Party Itinerary
You can’t go wrong with choosing New Orleans for a bachelor or bachelorette party destination. Home to fancy bars, lively clubs, and delicious food, the Big Easy is sure to satisfy your NOLA bride or groom.
You don’t have to visit during Mardi Gras to soak up the party atmosphere. The city is a bachelor/ette party hotspot year-round, and any bride or groom can enjoy themselves here. NOLA has a lot to offer for groups of all sizes, from alligator airboat rides to bar crawls and ghost tours.
Take a look at some of our favorite activities for the ultimate bachelor or bachelorette party in New Orleans.
Day 1: Welcome to the Big Easy!
- Get checked into your Airbnb or hotel. We recommend staying in the historic French Quarter, just minutes from the action of Bourbon Street. Another awesome spot is the Garden District, easily the most picturesque part of the city. See the complete neighborhood guide here.
- Dress up for an evening on the town! The city has warm weather year-round, even in the winter, so feel free to let loose and show some skin.
- Get drinks at the famous Carousel Bar & Lounge located in the Hotel Monteleone. This local-favorite New Orleans hotspot features a 25-seat bar-turned-Merry-Go-Round that actually spins! Order the Vieux Carré, a craft cocktail invented at the Hotel Monteleone in the 1930s. Read about this sweet libation in our guide to New Orleans’ most famous cocktails.
- Enjoy dinner with a show at the Maison, a Frenchman Street venue with live music seven days a week. To really get into the spirit of New Orleans, treat your bachelor or bachelorette to a dinner and jazz package with front-row seats to the entertainment.
Day 2: Brunch, Sightseeing, and Bourbon Street
- If there’s one area where New Orleans really excels, it’s brunch! Start the day off right with a fantastic meal at one of the city’s top brunch spots. Broussard’s offers bottomless mimosas for $15, Cane & Table makes a mean Cuban sandwich, and Elizabeth’s serves up fried catfish with eggs every weekend. For more brunch inspo, check out a breakfast sightseeing tour of the French Quarter!
- Go for a stroll around the French Quarter, New Orleans’ crown jewel. Browse the French Market, stop to admire Jackson Square and the gorgeous St. Louis Cathedral, and be sure to grab a cup of coffee or lunch at one of the neighborhood’s many fantastic restaurants. Need a break from walking? Do some sightseeing on a New Orleans streetcar ride.
- Head back to your hotel for a quick nap and freshen up for the evening.
- Go to Mid-City for a quick stroll through City Park. Pose for photos with the huge live oaks, ride the carousel, and visit the Botanical Gardens.
- Head to Toups’ Meatery for dinner and drinks, where you can order Instagram-worthy charcuterie boards, duck breast, and the signature Toups’ manhattan with barrel-infused bourbon.
- If you’re feeling up for more excitement, go bar hopping on Bourbon Street, the most exciting party location in the city. If you need some help planning your evening, consider booking a drink or pub tour to get the inside scoop on NOLA’s drinking scene.
Day 3: Arts & Warehouse District, Airboat Tour, and Pralines & Beignets
- Rise and shine and start your day in the Arts and Warehouse District. Grab a quick breakfast at Bittersweet Confections, serving amazing breakfast pastries and classic dishes like grits and home fries.
- After breakfast, take a walk down Julia Street, New Orleans’ Gallery Row. See gorgeous works of art and look for street art and murals along the way.
- Spend the afternoon exploring the swamps of New Orleans on an airboat tour. You’ll be amazed by the beauty of the bayou as you glide under cypress trees, spot birds, and keep an eye out for alligators. If you’re looking to work off a couple days of rich food, opt for a kayak tour into the Manchac Swamp.
- Kick off the evening with a pole dancing class or ghost tour.
- Enjoy dinner and a show at one of New Orleans’ drag or karaoke bars.
- End the night with pralines and beignets, two Louisiana desserts that provide a sweet end to your time in the Crescent City.
More New Orleans Bachelor/ette Party Ideas
- Ride a pedal bike barge for some boozy fun on the bayou river! New Orleans’ pedal party boats offer a booze cruise like no other. You’re in for a fun, social adventure with beautiful shoreline scenery.
- Learn how to make classic New Orleans cocktails at the Maison, the perfect bachelor/ette party activity for drink enthusiasts.
- Visit the plantation homes outside the city! Travel Louisiana’s famed River Road, lined with elaborate Antebellum-era houses built by former sugar plantation owners.
No matter where your New Orleans party weekend takes you, you’re sure to make memories and have a great time celebrating your bride or groom in the Big Easy. You’ll soon see what makes this city one of the best spots in the U.S. for throwing the bachelor or bachelorette party of their dreams!